23 Nov 2012


My presentation about street art/ Banksy


Hello my name is Marta Moreno and now I talk about one theme but first I will asking one thing.
We you think when you what this photos? someone knew it's the artist?
The artist of these picture is Banksy, and now I talk about he and his works.
Banksy is a graffiti artist from Bristol, England. One special thing about this artist is his anonymity. Only one journalist do a interview face to face.
Banksy is a graffiti artist with his work he wants to criticize in a satirical way the politics, culture-pop, morality and ethnic groups. For painting his pictures he use a stencils. Stencils are a graffiti makes use of a paper, cardboard, or other media to create an image or text that easily reproducible. In this image you can see the stencil of one most famous work.
Much people compare Banksy to Blek le Rat, other graffiti artist. Even the same one is compared, and say: All I do Blek le Rat did 20 years before. Personally I think two artist are good but for my Banksy is better than Blek.
On the other hand Banksy has painted in different cities from different continents for example: Vienna, San Francisco, Paris, Palestine and more but especially in London.
He began his art career in approximately 1992. He began painting in Bristol his native city. In this photo you can see one of the first works. His works is possible classify in different themes: Monkeys, Cops, Rats, Cows, Art and Street furniture.
All the works except art are in the street, but art are in different museum. He put his works in for example Tate Modern Gallery, in Moma or British museum. The works he put in the museum didn't last long but he has much racket.
Now I explain my favourite picture, I like too much his work but specially that'll explain.
First I explain the girl, the balloon and the heart. This picture symbolize the love much times escape with ours harms.  This love can is with ours parents, with friends or with a couple but always is a bad feel exactly same as balloon escape. It's a disappointment. For me this work is spectacular because the feelings are present all time in the picture.
The second image is a pipe. The work is a caricature about the picture of Magrrite. Now you see the two pictures this is the Banksy opinion about this picture. With this he wants to satirize ridicule to the box. I like two picture but in this case the version of the grafter seems fun.
The thirst picture it's one of the most famous works about Banksy. This picture is the cover of his book, you can see. This picture is very meaningful because she representat a hooded man throwing flowers instead of a cocktail monotof or other worse. With tis image the author will represent the war is a stupid thing and  it's a reticulated about the war. The meaning it's very simple but very clear. No to war.
And the last image, and my favourite above the others, it's this: the girl with the balloons. The picture Banksy painting in the gaza strip. The meaning is very clear respect to the situation. In Palestine the government build a wall for separate a different cities, and the people didn't cross this wall. The meaning of the image is the getaway of the one girl looking for freedom. I think this is the best picture because he claim a injustice and for me that is special.
With all this I am finished me presentation and now anyone have a question say me and I will try you respond. Thanks for listen to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment